I’m Angela Stanford, RDN
I’m a registered dietitian nutritionist and health coach who works with adults who want to improve their physical health with nutrition and lifestyle choices. I’m so glad you’re here!
Food & Wellness Are In My DNA
I grew up on a farm in the midwest. Most of the men in my family were farmers, the women were nurses, and our families always cooked fresh, wholesome, nourishing food. I knew from a very young age, a career that combined food and wellness was in the cards for me. So imagine my excitement when I learned in college that I could major in nutrition!
I traded my midwest roots for the San Francisco Bay area long ago, but still, I’ve been tending to our family’s organic vegetable garden, cooking from scratch, and living an active lifestyle for as long as I can remember. I know healthy eating comes easier to some people than others. But I’m pretty passionate about it, and my superpower is that I can spark a client’s interest and inspire them to try new things. I absolutely love that I’m able to combine my science and nutrition background with my health coaching experience. It allows me to educate my clients with evidence-based information, and empower them with the tools they need to adopt healthier eating and lifestyle habits.
A Few Facts About Me
- I have a BS degree in Nutrition from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- I have an MBA degree in International Business from the University of San Francisco School of Management.
- I’m a Board-certified Health and Wellness Coach and a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Learn more about my education and credentials
- Commission on Dietetic Registration:
- Certificate in Training in Adult Weight Management
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching – National Board Certified Healthy and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
- Yoga Alliance – Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200)
- University of San Francisco School of Management – MBA, International Business (1998 – 2000)
- University of Sydney – Grad. Cert., Management (1995 – 1996)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison – Dietetic Internship, Nutrition/Dietetics (1992 – 1993)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – B.S., Nutrition (1988 – 1992)
- I studied and worked in Australia for over 3 years (and met my husband of 25 years.)
- Traveling, exploring, and learning about different cultures are among my favorite things to do. I’ve visited more than 13 countries throughout my life and have many more on my bucket list.
- My dream job would involve eating my way around the world.
- I LOVE to bake; anything with dark chocolate is my favorite.
- I also strongly believe that everyone, no matter where in the world they live, deserves good food and health. Since 2010 a percentage of revenues from Vital Nutrition & Wellness has supported two great organizations: Doctors Without Borders and Kiva.org. The missions of these Kiva.org organizations are aligned with the mission of Vital Nutrition & Wellness – to improve the health and wellness of others.
If you’re ready to discover how eating and living better can help you feel more vibrant and healthy, book a discovery call today to see if we are a good fit.
Educational & Free Resources
My Sustainable Weight Loss Formula
Are you tired of weight loss programs that don’t work for you? I’ve compiled some of my best tips and secrets into this free video. Download it today and learn my formula for sustainable weight loss.
How to Strengthen Your Immune System
A healthy immune system starts with the food on your plate. Download this free video to discover the best foods to support a healthy immune system, & some creative ways to enjoy them.