- 1 Small tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp Red Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 – 15 oz cans Black beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1-2 Tsp Hot Sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 Tsp Salt
- Tortilla Chips or Rice Crackers for dipping
- Place tomato, onion, cilantro in the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until well chopped. Add black beans, cumin, hot sauce and salt to taste and pulse until mixture is mostly smooth.
- Scrape into decorative bowl and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Munch and enjoy!
- For gluten-free variation, replace hot sauce with 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper and 2 tsp water & serve with gluten-free tortilla chips/crackers
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- Can substitute 1⁄2 lbs dried beans soaked overnight and drained for canned beans
- Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan