3 Ingredient Nut-Free Energy Bites
- 1 1/2 cup dates
- 1/3 cup creamy sunflower butter or raw tahini
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut or rolled oats
- Dash of fine sea salt
- Extra shredded coconut for rolling, if desired
- Place pitted dates into bowl of a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade. Process until dates form a sticky ball. Use a spatula to break up the date mixture.
- Add sunflower seed butter, shredded coconut (and salt, if using). Process again until a sticky batter is created.
- Scoop dough by tablespoons and roll into balls. Arrange on a flat plate or baking sheet. Roll in extra shredded coconut (or oats) if desired.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer for 20 minutes to firm up. Bites will keep in airtight container for up to 1 month or freezer up to 4 months.
- Vegan, gluten (if use certified gluten free oats), dairy and soy free
- Use organic or at least non-gmo verified ingredients when possible
- Can also add in 1-2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Recipe inspired by detoxinista.com