Black Bean Dip
- 1 small tomato diced
- 2 tbsp red onion diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped, sprigs for garnish
- 2 15 oz. cans of black beans drained
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Tortilla chips or rice crackers for dipping
- Place tomato, onion, cilantro in the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until well chopped.
- Add black beans, cumin, hot sauce and salt to taste and pulse until mixture is mostly smooth.
- Scrape into decorative bowl and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- For gluten-free variation, replace hot sauce with 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper and 2 tsp water & serve with gluten-free tortilla chips/crackers
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- Can substitute 1⁄2 lbs dried beans soaked overnight and drained for canned beans
- Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan