Breakfast Mug Muffin
In only 5 minutes you can make this delicious, warm, chocolatey muffin for breakfast! YES, for breakfast! (It’s actually delicious anytime of the day!)
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tbsp PlantWorks vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
Mix together very well in wide mouth coffee mug or tea cup.
Microwave 1-2 minutes depending upon desired doneness. Should be pulling away from sides of mug.
Easily pop out when turned upside down onto a plate. (Or keep it in mug, so you only have 1 dish to clean!) Top with 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp desired nut butter and 1/2 – 1 c. berries or a couple tablespoons of pomegranate seeds.
- Gluten free (if use certified gluten free oats), dairy free
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- Paleo friendly if substitute almond flour for oat/rice flour. May need to cook a few seconds longer.
- Keto friendly if you use stevia/monk fruit or coconut sugar instead of honey/maple syrup.