In only 5 minutes you can make this delicious, warm, chocolatey muffin for breakfast! YES, for breakfast! (It’s actually delicious anytime of the day!)
- 1 Tbsp of oat or rice flour
- 1 Tbsp PlantWorks vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup or 6-7 drops of liquid stevia
- Mix together very well in wide mouth coffee mug or tea cup
- Microwave 1-2 minutes depending upon desired doneness. Should be pulling away from sides of mug
- Easily pop out when turned upside down onto a plate. (Or keep it in mug, so you only have 1 dish to clean!) Top with 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp desired nut butter and 1/2 – 1 c. berries or a couple tablespoons of pomegranate seeds.
- Gluten free (if use certified gluten free oats), dairy free
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- Paleo friendly if substitute almond flour for oat/rice flour. May need to cook a few seconds longer.
- Keto friendly if you use stevia/monk fruit or coconut sugar instead of honey/maple syrup.