Chai Spice Butternut Squash Muffins
- 2 lb butternut squash peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 Tbs avocado oil or other mild flavored oil
- 3 cups oats quick
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cardamom ground
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cups almond milk unsweetened (or other milk)
- 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel, seed, and dice butternut squash.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners and spray with cooking oil for easy removal.
- Toss diced butternut squash with oil and bake on parchment-lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes until soft. Set aside. Reduce oven to 375° F.
- Add oats, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, baking soda, and salt to your blender or food processor. Process until mixture resembles flour. Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- To your blender or processor, add butternut squash, milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and process until creamy. Add eggs and process until smooth.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add the wet mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Add batter to muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for about 15 minutes until tops spring back when touched.