Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Bites
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil barely warm
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup coconut finely shredded & unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6-7 oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, racks in the top third.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolatechunks/chips. The dough is a bit looser than standard cookie dough, but don’t worry about it.
- Drop dollops of the dough, each about 2 teaspoons in size, an inch apart, onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 13 -15 minutes, until the coconut turns golden brown on top and is slightly crispy.
- Cool and enjoy!
- Can also use unsweetened carob chips, or chop up dark chocolate greater than 70% cocoa
- Make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until texture of sand
- Coconut oil works beautifully here, just warm it a bit
- If you have a gluten allergy, use certified gluten free oats