Easy to make, dark chocolate treat decadent enough to give as a gift, simple enough for a weeknight treat.
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 tsp raw coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp raw or dry roasted pistachios, chopped fine
- 24 large dried apricots
Fill a saucepan with 1 inch water. Put finely chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl that will fit over pan without the bottom of the bowl touching the water. Remove the bowl. Bring water to a boil, set bowl over pan. Use a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon to stir the chocolate frequently and encourage even melting. Once the chocolate is melted, remove from heat, stir well and use immediately.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Chop pistachios and place in small bowl.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil slowly over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Holding apricots from one end, dip them 1 at a time into melted chocolate, turning to coat about 3/4 of the apricot. Let excess drip off bottom and back into bowl.
- Hold apricot over bowl of pistachios and sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate.
- Place apricot NUT SIDE DOWN on lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining apricots.
- Chill until chocolate is set, about 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container between sheets of waxed paper in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- For diary free or vegan bark, check ingredient statement on dark chocolate chips to make sure they contain no milk, milk powder or milk fat.