• Real food – focuses on eating mostly plants, especially on whole fruits and vegetables deep in color and rich in micro-nutrients, including vitamins, minerals antioxidants and enzymes; suggests eliminating caffeine, alcohol, added sugars processed foods, gluten, red meat, dairy.
• Gentle exercise - encourages light exercise daily, such as walking or gentle yoga.
• Hydration – suggests drinking at least a liter of water a day, along with herbal teas, to help your liver and kidneys flush out toxins.
• Slowing down – advocates clearing extra appointments off the calendar and getting eight to 10 hours of sleep a night and incorporates such tools as breath work and meditation to reduce stress.
• Individual support – provides flexibility to accommodate specific needs, such as allergies, work travel, and offers between-meeting contact via phone or email for additional support.
If you would like to experience the life changing benefits of a whole foods based cleanse, call Angela at 925.389.7107 or visit the Programs Page to learn more about her Nourishing You - 28 Days to a Healthier You™ cleansing program.
This article was originally published in the January 2012 issue of Natural Awakenings Magazine - East Bay edition.