- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup Carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Celery, diced
- 2/3 cup Onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 4-6 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut butternut squash in half, clean out insides.
- Face up, bake @400° F for 30-40 minutes or until able to poke with a fork. Let it cool enough so you can handle. Scoop out squash.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot, Add carrot, celery and onion. Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add butternut squash and thyme. Stir to combine with the vegetables. Stir in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Use an immersion blender to puree soup.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible
- Dairy and Gluten-free
Recipe contributed by Vital Nutrition & Wellness client, Christine Lew, participant in the Nourishing YouTM Cleanse. Source: Whole Foods Market. For more recipes as healthy and delicious as this one visit www.vitalandwell.com.