Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2/3 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2/3 cup onion diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 butternut squash
- 4-6 cups chicken broth low sodium
- Salt & pepper
- Cut butternut squash in half, clean out insides.
- Face up, bake @400° F for 30-40 minutes or until able to poke with a fork. Let it cool enough so you can handle. Scoop out squash.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot, Add carrot, celery and onion. Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add butternut squash and thyme. Stir to combine with the vegetables. Stir in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Use an immersion blender to puree soup.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible
- Dairy and Gluten-free