- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- ½ head of celery
- 1 haved head of garlic
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 12 cups water
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 bunch parsley
- salt and pepper to season
- In a large pot, cover the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and sweet potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and parsley and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Strain liquid; discard vegetables.
- Store broth up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze up to 3 months. Recipe makes 8 cups.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible
- Vegan and Gluten-free