- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate
- cocoa powder unsweetened, raw coconut
- Place cashews and cold water in a blender. Blend at high speed for 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the inside walls of the blender and blend again until the mixture is the consistency of heavy cream.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler heat the chocolate until it’s all melted.
- Cool the chocolate about 6 minutes and fold in the cashew cream making sure not to stir too fast or you’ll create bubbles.
- Cover and cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set. (Caution: do not exceed 2 hours, or the mixture is too hard to work with.)
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a small ball and roll in cocoa powder or unsweetened coconut. (You can use toasted coconut also if you like.) Repeat
- until entire mixture has been formed into balls.
- If not eating right away, store truffles covered or in airtight container in refrigerator. Remove about 20 minutes before ready to serve to bring to room temperature. Enjoy!
Yield: 35-40 truffles
Note: Use organic, fair trade chocolate and cocoa powder if available.