Grilled Basil & Peach Cauliflower Pizza
For The Pizza…
- Dairy free pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Cauliflower steak crust
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 tsp avocado oil
For The Toppings…
- Dairy-free mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- Peaches thinly sliced
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Make the pesto: place 1⁄2 of the basil leaves, shredded coconut, garlic, nuts and olive oil in food processor or blender and mix until well chopped. Scrape down sides of container. Add the other half of all ingredients and process until pesto forms a thick, smooth paste. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, trim the bottom portion of the stem from the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower stem side down on the cutting board and carefully make one cut through the center of the cauliflower to divide in half. Cut each half into slices, about1⁄2-3/4-inch thick. The core/stem is what is holding the “steaks” together.
- Season the cauliflower steaks with avocado oil and salt and pepper. Lay directly on seasoned grill or a grill pan.
- Cover the grill and let cook for about 4-5 minutes. Use a spatula or tongs to carefully flip the steaks over and grill on the other side until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- When cauliflower is slightly charred, it’s time to add your toppings, starting with a layer of pesto.
- Close the grill again and let the toppings warm/melt for another 1-2 minutes. If using fresh basil, you can add that after the cauliflower has been removed from the grill. Drizzle with balsamic to serve.
- Gluten, dairy and soy free, paleo and keto friendly
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- When cutting the “steaks” you will also have leftover florets. Store for later and repurpose as part of a stir-fry or try roasting the cauliflower in the oven as a side dish.
- Co-created with Skylar Weir, Dietetic Intern