Grilled Corn and Jicama Salad
- 4 ears corn shucked
- 1 bell pepper, red chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 jicama, small peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/2 onion, red chopped
- 1 pnt cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup basil leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grease the grates.
- 2. Prepare all vegetables according to prep instructions.
- 1. Brush corn with some of the olive oil while it is grilling, rotating to slightly char all sides.
- 2. Remove corn from the grill to cool. Place cob in a deep bowl and remove kernels while holding cob upright. You can also hold corn upright in a bundt pan to capture kernels as you slice them off from the cob with a paring knife.
- 3. Add prepped vegetables and corn to a large bowl and toss with remaining olive oil and vinegar.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.