Try this grilled watermelon for a fun and delicious summertime dessert or snack!
- 8 slices seedless watermelon
- 2 tbsp raw, local honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- Lightly sprinkle the watermelon wedges with sea salt on both sides. Stand the watermelon wedges on their edges on a rack over a sink or pan. Let them drain for an hour.
- Preheat the grill on high for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the watermelon has drained, rinse each piece under cold water. Place each piece between two folded paper towels and gently press to remove excess water.
- Brush both sides of the watermelon with honey.
- Place slices on the grill grate until grill marks are formed and the melon is slightly soft. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill. Sprinkle with sea salt and squeeze with lime juice over the top.
Yield: 4 servings
- Plant based, no refined sugar, gluten free
- Recipe inspired by traegergrills.com