Instant Pot/Crockpot/Stovetop Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 cups dry red wine
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes diced, canned with juice
- 1/4 cup olive Spanish
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 cups basil fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1. Chop peppers, onion, garlic, and basil.
- 1. Set Instant Pot to "Sauté" . Dredge chicken pieces in flour. Once hot, add oil to instant pot and brown chicken pieces. Remove to a plate.
- 2. Add all vegetables [peppers through garlic] and sauté until fragrant. Add wine, tomatoes, olives, and oregano.
- 3. Add chicken pieces back to pot, nestling them into the tomato mixture.
- 4. Lock lid in place and set to high for 12 minutes. When done, release pressure.
- 5. If a thicker sauce is desired, remove chicken and simmer for additional 10 minutes without lid.
- 6. Top with basil before serving.
- 7. (Using a crockpot): Follow same directions as above and set to low for 6 hours of high for 4 hours.
- 8. (Stovetop): Follow same directions as above in a large braising pan or Dutch oven and simmer stovetop for about 1.5 hours.