Red Lentil Soup
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Chop Onions. Sauté on medium heat in oil until soft.
- Wash and drain lentils.
- Add broth and lentils to soup pot.
- Add tomato paste. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add fresh ground, black pepper to taste.
- Serve with lemon wedges to add zing and Vitamin C as desired.
- Puree soup for smoother texture
- If doubling recipe, use 1⁄2 low sodium broth.
- Add black pepper or cayenne if you want to add a little kick.
- Add 1/2-1 cup chopped mushrooms or 1 tsp dried mushroom powder when you add the lentils to add their earthy flavor and nutritional boosts of vitamin D and B12
- I usually double the recipe. Leftovers freeze nicely for a quick meal when needed!
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- Gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan