Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Spread
- 1 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/4 cup coarse bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Add all ingredients to a food processor in order listed except for olive oil.
- Puree until smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until incorporated.
- Spread can be made up to 2 days ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- For gluten free option, toast a slice of gluten free bread, cool and break into small breadcrumbs or use a rolling pin to crush 1/3 cup gluten-free crackers in a paper bag.