What a crowd pleaser! This spread is a great take-a-long appetizer for parties served on endive, or gluten-free crackers. My family is also very fond of a dollop on top of a quinoa burger or spread on a chicken sandwich between leaves of romaine. Yum!
- 1-12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/4 cup coarse bread crumbs
- 1 cup walnuts (4 ounces), toasted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor in order listed except for olive oil.
- Puree until smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until incorporated. Yields 3 cups.
- Spread can be made up to 2 days ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Use organic ingredients when possible
- For gluten free option, toast a slice of gluten free bread, cool and break into small breadcrumbs or use a rolling pin to crush 1/3 cup gluten-free crackers in a paper bag.