Thai-Inspired Zucchini Noodle Bowl
- 3 zucchini medium, spiralized or shaved
- 3 carrots peeled, and shaved or shredded
- 1/2 head red lettuce shredded
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts unsalted
- Spiralize zucchini or, using a wide vegetable peeler, shave into strips. Place zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Set over a bowl to sweat and drain for 10 minutes.
- Shave carrots using a wide vegetable peeler. You can also use pre-shredded carrots for convenience.
- Shred cabbage. You can also use bagged, pre-shredded cabbage for convenience.
- Chop scallions, basil, and cilantro.
- Rinse zucchini noodles and place them in a double layer of paper towels. Roll and squeeze to remove all moisture.
- Add zucchini to a bowl with the rest of the vegetables and peanuts [reserve some peanuts and herbs for garnish if desired.]
- Toss with enough dressing to coat and serve immediately.