Zippy Pesto Salad Dressing
- 1 Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flakes of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
To Thin Into Dressing:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp additional salt
- Place ½ of the basil leaves, shredded coconut, nuts and oil in food processor and mix until well chopped.
- Scrape down sides of container.
- Add the other half of all ingredients and process until pesto forms a thick, smooth paste.
- Thin pesto sauce into dressing by adding lemon juice, additional olive oil and salt.
- Vegan, gluten, dairy and soy free
- Use locally grown, organic produce when possible
- Pesto keeps in refrigerator one week or freeze for 3 months